Most people make a beeline to their coffee maker after waking. However, what if it was possible to significantly improve your health with a one-minute morning ritual that could be performed while your coffee is brewing? The only caveat is that this ritual may cause you to make some funny, puckered-up faces. Still interested?
The Morning Tonic You’ve Long Desired:
We’re talking about apple cider vinegar. This vinegar is lauded by nutritionists and doctors across the globe for good reason. It does a little bit of everything for the human body. Perhaps you are on the prowl for a means of beautifying and strengthening your hair. Or maybe you are looking for a way to fend off allergies. Some desire a healthier digestive system. Apple cider vinegar helps in all these areas and in many more. Read the full article.
There may be no marker of modern civilization quite like the shoe: not only does it make clopping around our cemented world significantly more tolerable (and less dangerous), but it also serves as an indicator of our sensibilities, our profession, our sense of style. You can tell a lot by the shoes people wear from the type of work they do to their income levels, even their political standings. And there’s something else shoes can tell us: whether or not we’re at risk of serious health issues.
A recent study out of the University of Houston found that 39 percent of shoe soles sampled were contaminated with the bacteria C. diff(Clostridium difficile), a public health threat that is now resistant to a number of antibiotics. C. diff infections can cause severe diarrhea that may progress to colon inflammation and more serious health issues, especially if it does not respond to antibiotic treatment. Read More
1) Control your eating portions: When Holiday parties come into existence, overeating is almost inevitable. “Snack” throughout the entire party, don’t fill up your plate at any one given time.
2) Drink water with every meal/snack: Water will speed up the food absorption process, so you can make efforts to keep a fast metabolism. Also, remember that dehydration occurs with no symptoms.
3) Pick a workout partner now!: Nobody, and I repeat nobody, will work out to the extent they need to during the Holidays. If someone is meeting with you, your chances of exercising will go up 10 fold.
4) No Sugary Foods in the Evenings: When you’re not being active during the Holidays, don’t consume any sugar unless it’s in a fruit or vegetable!
5) Get to bed Early!!!: During the Holidays it’s very easy to stay up very late at night, and then be sluggish for the next day. If you have kids, you’ll probably have to wake up with them early in the morning, especially when they don’t have school the next day. Every day during the Holidays will have its own challenges, so please make sure you’re ready to start the day off the right way.
Need help getting in the recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables? Check out this handy cook smart guide to enjoying those vegetables. Or go to www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org for lots of ideas.
This Thanksgiving small changes can have big results. We’ve put together this list of videos to help you.
Stabilizing Orthotics and Chiropractic care go hand-in-hand. We offer Foot Levelers Orthotics at Wellness Consultants. Your feet are scanned indivigually, and the Orthotics custom made to support YOUR feet. Watch to video below to learn more.
It’s important to understand that all Foot Levelers individually designed Functional Orthotics are custom-made to support all three arches of the foot, which creates a balanced foundation. That means that no matter which Functional Orthotics you choose, you can get optimal results to satisfy your individual needs. – See more