Looking to buy local food and get to know the people who produce it? These resources will help you:
Ten Rivers Food Web Local Food Directory
Oregon Farm Bureau Growing Seasons Guide
Oregon’s Bounty – A guide to buying fresh from growers.
Lebanon Downtown Farmers Market: 2-6 p.m. Thursdays, Grant & Main, Lebanon (parking lot near Chase Bank). Runs May-October.
Albany Farmers Market: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, 4th & Ellsworth, Albany (City Hall Parking lot). Runs April-November.
Corvallis Farmers Market: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays and Wednesdays, 1st and Jackson, Corvallis (on the riverfront). Runs April-November.
Oregon’s Farmers Market Finder
- Zucchini: $1.50/pound. Young and tender stage, 4-6 inches long.
- Large Zucchini $1.00/pound. Mature fruits are 2-5 lbs. Excellent for baking and zucchini bread.
- Jalapeño Peppers 4 for $1.00 or $5/lb for a pound or more. Small green to red spicy fruits.
- Hungarian Paprika Peppers 4 for $1.00 or $5/lb for a pound or more. Long and slender spicy red fruits. Suitable for fresh eating or drying. Large quantities available.
- Mixed Sweet Peppers $1.00/quarter pound. A mix of small varieties and colors, sweet and delicious, raw or cooked.
- Green Bell Peppers $2.00/pound. Small to medium-sized fruits.
- Petite Black Eggplant $3.00/pound. Slender and mild 4-8” fruits. Excellent grilled, sauteed or fried. Let us know if you have a size preference, we’ll do our best to match it. Click here for a photo.
- Heirloom tomatoes $3.00/pound. Funky fruits come in yellow, orange, red, and purple.
- Salad Tomatoes $3.00/pound. A mix of small red and pink tomatoes.
- Paste Tomatoes $2.00/pound. A Sunbow staple for canning, freezing, and saucing.
- Oak leaf lettuce: $2.00/head. Big bronze and green heads.
- Loose Leaf Lettuce: $2.00/qtr pound. A combo of mature red and green leaf lettuce.
- Salad Mix: $4.00/half pound. Mix of lettuce, sorrel, herbs and baby beet greens.
- Collards: $2.50/bunch. Young collards are tender and great for steaming, sautéing and braising.
- Curly Kale: $2.50/bunch. Big ruffled leaves, small stems. Excellent for bruised kale salad.
- Chard: $2.50/bunch. A combo of stem colors, mostly green leafed variety with some red mixed in.
- Cooking Mix: $2.50/half pound. A combo of kales, collards and chard.
- French Grey Shallots: $6.00/pound. Bronze-grey skin, red streaked and flavorful. A culinary delight.
- Sweet Onions: $1.25/pound. Mature sweet onions. Small to large sized bulbs.
- Garlic: $6.00/pound untrimmed for braiding or $8/pound trimmed and cleaned heads. Cured stage, ready to eat or excellent for storage.
- Leeks: $2.50/pound. Partially trimmed medium sized.
- Cantaloupe: $1.00/pound. Sweet, fragrant and juicy. Fruits weigh 1-3 lbs, let us know your size preference.
- Honeydew: $1.00/pound. Green fleshed fruits are aromatic and beautiful. Fruits weigh 1-4 lbs.
- Watermelon: $1.00/pound. Choose from red or yellow flesh. Round fruits are 2-4 pounds.
- Interlaken grapes: $1.50/pound. Seedless sweet and small fruits.
- Yacon: $3.00/pound. Andean tubers that taste like a cross between a pear and jicama. A crunchy source of inulin.
- Baby carrots: $2.00/bunch. Finger sized sweet carrots with the greens attached.
- New! Bulk Carrots: $2.00/pound. Medium to large carrots, crispy and sweet, tops removed.
- New! Colored Carrots: $2.50/pound. Red, yellow, white and orange carrot mix. Best for soups and roasting.
- Beets: $2.00/pound. Bulk beets with greens removed, various sizes, let us know if you have a preference.
- Baby Beets: $2.00/bunch with the greens attached.
- Rose Finn Fingerling Potatoes: $2.00/pound. Yellow skins, excellent firm texture. Unwashed for longer storage.
- French Fingerling Potatoes: $2.00/pound. Unwashed for longer storage.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: $1.50/pound. Unwashed for longer storage.
- All Red Potatoes: $1.50/pound. Red on the outside, pink on the inside. Mix of sizes. Unwashed for longer storage.
- All Blue Potatoes: $1.50/pound. Purple inside and out. Unwashed for longer storage.
- Desiree Potatoes: $1.50/pound. Pink on the outside, gold on the inside. Unwashed for longer storage.
- Kennebec Potatoes: $1.50/pound. Yellow skin, white flesh, best known for making french fries.
- German Butterball Potatoes: $1.50/pound. Yellow skin, golden buttery flesh.
- Italian Basil: $1.50/small, $3.00/large bunch. Pesto bunch $12/pound.
- Curly Parsley: $1.50/small bunch. $2.50/large bunch.
- Italian Parsley: $1.50/small bunch or $2.50/large bunch.
- Thyme: $1.50/small bunch only.
- Garlic Chives: $1.75/bunch. Slender flat blades have a mild garlic flavor.
- Tarragon: $1.50 bunch.
- Oregano: $1.50/small bunch.
- Sage: $1.50/small bunch.
- Marjoram: $1.50/small bunch.
- Sunflower bouquet: $5.00/each. A mix of festive fall sunflowers and other botanical beauties from the farm.
- Corn Stalks: $2.00/each or $5 for a bundle of 3. Dried cornstalks with the ears removed. Perfect for outdoor fall decorations.
- COMING SOON: carving pumpkins!
How to buy produce
1. Email Them (if it’s your first time ordering, please say so) and include your:
- produce selections and quantities – first come, first served.
- name and phone number
- choice of pick-up or delivery, and:
- the date you’ll pick up your order at Sunbow Farm, Monday-Saturday, 11am-sunset. Earlier pick-up available upon request and with ample notice.
- or, the delivery date, along with your street address, Corvallis and Philomath addresses only. $10 minimum order. Monday through Wednesday delivery: 5-7pm. Thursday and Friday delivery: 1:30-3:00pm. Exact payment required, we don’t carry change.
2. We’ll send a confirmation email.
3. When you get your order, pay by cash, check, or Sunbacks
A great way to get a discount, support Sunbow Produce, and keep your money working locally. Our colorful currency is available in a 5 Sunback bill, which buys $5 of our produce and dried goods, year round! You can get 55 Sunbacks for $50, saving 10% this way.
They don’t expire, and you can use them along with dollars and cents.
Just send us an email or add them to your next produce order. We’ll take cash, personal check, or we can send an email invoice so you can pay electronically using PayPal (for a small fee).
We provide fresh produce to friends who lend a hand weekdays, 9am – noon. The work is various, stimulating, and satisfying. Please call or email if you’re interested.